If you are in the NYC area, please consider attending a twist on a fundraising theme. Wait, was that a boring speech?.......
You are cordially invited on behalf of myself and the Fourth Arts Block '=
event committee to attend a fundraising event -
no canapes or boring speeches here!
New York City Event
Massive Bang for your Buck:Top Ten Reasons To attend the Pillow Fight Benefit Party:
1a. You might dish out the same money to have 2 watered down lousy drinks and a mediocre dinner and a shared cab home,
any given night or....you could pay $75 of tax deductible dollars and get:
1. A tax deduction! And that's just the first bang! (www.fabnyc.org )
2. "Private" performances by some of NYC most prominently fun and talented downtown performers
(insert Doug Elkins from famed Fraulein Maria at Joe's Pub, The Neo Futuruists and more) (see below)
3. Gourmet treats by chef John Berninzoni - truffle Mac n Cheese to sushi to mini sliders to....much more!
4. An open bar all night long (all night long!)
5. Party in a fabulous sans pretension downtown NYC loft. You are a rock star, you might as well party like one this Saturday!
6. A professional pillow fight will be performed, that is right, professional pillow fighters!
7. To party in your pajama's, ya know the sexy ones, or the comfy ones! ( If you don't, you can bring a robe, some slippers, your eye covers, something mildly bed timey will do)
8. Gift bags, with future theater discounts, music, and various surprise treats9. FUN! Remember Fun? You can do it!
10. You will be supporting the arts in a localized fashion, in a painless cost efficient way. It will be a night to remember, you won't need to go out for at least another week and a half!
Please consider passing on to anyone you know who might like to attend!!!!!!
Buy your tickets and learn more here...Tickets are $75 in advance and $100 at the door. Please email me if you have any questions.
To find out more about the line-up or to purchase tickets, visit www.fabnyc.org/pillowfight.php.
Proceeds from ticket sales will go to FAB, who is teaming up with real estate investor Matthew Blesso, to host this fun fete at his fabulous residence,
which was recently featured in The New York Times Home & Garden Section.
Date: Saturday February 28, 2009
Location: Exact location will be divulged upon purchase of your ticket
Price: $75 in advance, $100 at door
Dress: Pajamas or slumber attire
Entertainment: The night will include open bar, musical stylings by DJ Boo, video installation by Laurie McLeod, and performances by Doug Elkins, Wallie Wolfgruber, Julian Barnett, and the New York Neo Futurists. Guests must dress in pajama or sleepwear-inspired costume, and be ready to kick off their heels, grab a cocktail, and go a round with the Ultimate Feather Fighters!
Fourth Arts Block (FAB) is a non-profit organization founded in 2001 by cultural and community groups to establish and advance the East 4th Street Cultural District, between 2nd Avenue and Bowery. FAB is working with our members to create a permanent home for the arts and to preserve the unique cultural nature of East 4th Street, which has fostered creative diversity and experimentation for more than 30 years. FAB advocates for the cultural district, its members and our neighborhood; leads centralized projects that benefit our members and provides a model for sustainable development; creates opportunities for cultural expansion; directs marketing and promotion efforts; and supports the development and capacity of our members.
In October 2005, Mayor Bloomberg officially designated East 4th Street a Cultural District - one of two in the City - and sold 8 properties to the long time cultural groups for $8. With 17 performance and multi-media venues, the district already offers one of the most vibrant concentrations of cultural organizations in the city. When the district's cultural plan is complete, space for artists and arts organizations will nearly double.
The member theaters are:
Alpha Omega Theatrical Dance
Cooper Square Committee
Cooper Square Mutual Housing Association
DMAC- Duo Multicultural Arts Center
La MaMa E.T.C.
Millennium Film Workshop
New York Neo-Futurists
New York Theatre Workshop
Rod Rodgers Dance School
Rod Rogers Dance Company
Works In Progress NYC
WOW Café Theatre
I hope you will consider attending!